Technology makes it possible for you to interact with your instructors, complete your coursework, and continue your success as a student.
Technology to connect you
Tech you need to connect
- Tech discounts – Computer and other technology device discounts are available for students. Check out this Knowledge Base Computer Guide.
- Wi-Fi lot hotspots – There are designated spots on each IU campus to find reliable Wi-Fi access from your car. Find your nearest lot hotspot.
- Internet access at home – If you don’t have internet access at home and need it for your studies, you can request a 4G Wi-Fi hotspot to be shipped to you. For useful advice on making the most of your home internet connection, check out these tips for accessing the internet from home for remote work or learning.
- Assistive Technology – Individuals with vision, hearing, cognitive, and mobility impairments can request adaptive technology and accessibility help. The Assistive Technology & Accessibility Centers can help. You can also contact your Disability Service Office to find out more.
- Options for storing files at IU – At IU, you have two options to store all your important stuff: Microsoft OneDrive at IU and Google at IU My Drive. You can access both services through your web browser (OneDrive and My Drive) or on your personal computer or mobile device using the OneDrive or Google File Stream applications.
Online tools for your academic success
- Canvas – Visit Canvas often for class syllabi, announcements, assignments, and additional course materials. Check out some helpful Canvas training and resources for students to find out how to navigate Canvas, change your notification settings, and much more.
- Zoom – Any live communications for remote courses, such as office hours and class meetings, will happen in Zoom. Everything you need to know about Zoom can be found on Keep Learning’s Zoom page.
- Boost – a mobile app that integrates with Canvas and gives you reminders like upcoming assignment due dates and recently posted course announcements. Learn more at boost.iu.edu.
- NameCoach – Record your name in NameCoach to help your instructors and peers pronounce it. You can add the recording to your Canvas profile, email signature, LinkedIn, and social media accounts.
- IUanyWare and IUware – Find great titles for no cost like Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office. Use IUanyWare to stream or IUware to download. New! IUanyWare now offers remote access to STC desktop computers. This remote access allows you access to even more IU-licensed software.
- Getting Started Guide – Find tips to get started with tech at IU.
- IU Online Keep Learning Course – Keep up with the latest resources for online learning at IU with this free, non-credit Student Online Toolkit course in IU Expand.
- IU Mobile – Download the IU Mobile app for campus information,computing support, student tools in One.IU, and more.
- Kaltura – a cloud-based video management system that can be used for storing, publishing, and streaming videos, video collections, and other types of media. Find out more about Kaltura in the Knowledge Base.
- Need tech support? Contact the IT Support Center on your campus.
- The Knowledge Base – Have questions about anything related to technology? Check the KB first!
- Need to find out if your online tool or service is having a disruption? Check status.iu.edu.
- Campus librarians are here to help you. Learn more about campus libraries and your campus librarian.
- Report and study up on phishing schemes to keep yourself and your accounts safe at phishing.iu.edu.